Current version: 188.8.131.52. Click Download Now to get the latest.
Are you a political junkie like I am? Can’t get enough of the Obama McCain battle?
Now you can keep track of the Gallup Daily Election Polling Results for the Presidential General Election, Obama vs. McCain, right from your Vista Sidebar.
Click on either of the candidate areas to get a flyout with a graph of tracking data over the past few months. Click on the Gallup logo to go to Gallup’s website.
Here is the gadget shown with the flyout:
Please let me know what you think by leaving your comments below.
- Fixes a fatal bug caused by a chage in he XML feed
- Added deltas for Presidential Polls (ex: "down 1%")
- Added smooth scrolling
- Additionally shows Consumer Confidence, Standard of Living, Job Market, Well-Being, Health and Mood polling data.
- kendee said on September 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM ...
I'm glad to brag that this was my idea. LOL. Thank you Donavon West for the programming. I hope you all enjoy this wadget as much as I did. The idea came from me checking Gallup.com everyday to see who was where. So the idea hit me, wouldn't it just be better if this application that was running on thier site be better fit on my desktop. And a star is born. :)
- Timothy said on September 14, 2008 at 9:39 PM ...
great idea, exactly what i was looking for
- Sharla said on September 18, 2008 at 12:29 AM ...
Love it, thanks!
- Tom Penna said on September 24, 2008 at 11:12 AM ...
Hey, this is a great sidebar item! Thanks so much. I do have one suggestion, though: how about a button to press in order to refresh the poll results? Sometimes when I start up my computer, it takes a little while for my internet connection to get up and running, and the gadget goes blank. Once my connection is up, though, it remains blank for a while. I figure a "Refresh" button would solve this.
- Donavon West said on September 25, 2008 at 5:58 PM ...
If you like the Gallup Poll gadget, try out the new Election Countdown 2008 gadget.
- vcash89 said on September 28, 2008 at 9:17 PM ...
few of my buddies had it... loved the idea, and works very well. Just had to d.l it myself.
so great job... 5 out 5 from me
- Daniel said on October 5, 2008 at 3:49 PM ...
The graph would be infinately more interesting if you added significant events such as VP selections, Big stories, etc.
- Rushi said on October 6, 2008 at 2:52 PM ...
You should create a gadget that shows the projected electoral vote map. Something like that is on CNN.com.
- Jason said on October 8, 2008 at 4:38 PM ...
What Daniel said is a great idea. You could have a tiny letter at a peak or valley, mouse over it to see what the event was, then click it, having it linked to a google trends link or some other news article pertaining to that event. Great gadget though, thanks!!!
- kendee said on October 13, 2008 at 11:44 PM ...
I'm glad that you all enjoy the gadget! If you haven't heard, this gadget has been mention on the Windows Weekly Hosted by: Paul Thurrott & Leo Laporte...
You can download the MP3 of the audio interview about it on: http://www.twit.tv/ww77 if you want to skip all the rest of the interview and hear about the wadget foward to 1:04:23
- Donavon West said on October 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM ...
I just fixed a fatal bug caused by a change in the Gallup XML feed. Simply download and install the new version. Sorry about the interruption.
- johnny said on October 17, 2008 at 11:22 PM ...
I'm trying to download the new version because I have the fatal problem from version 184.108.40.206. However, when I try to download the new fixed version, it appears to be the same version with problems--not the 1.4 version.
Can you verify you have the new version correctly linked and available for download?
- Donavon West said on October 19, 2008 at 6:24 PM ...
@Johnny Yes, I have confirmed that the link above IS ver 220.127.116.11 and works fine. Try completely removing the gadget from your Sidebar and try again.
- hong_hai_long said on November 19, 2010 at 3:55 AM ...
windows 7 starter
I've read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.